Download:- May Newsletter 2015
May Newsletter 2015
Message from the Associate Headteacher:
Despite this only being a 6 week half term, we have achieved a great deal. Well done and thank you to pupils, parents and staff for continuing to support the Academy in all that we do. Staff are particularly proud of our Year 6 pupils for their fantastic achievement in preparing for and completing SATs, and in enjoying with staff their activity week and London trip.
I hope the new website is proving more useful, with more opportunities to see all the brilliant things pupils are achieving and enjoying. Pupils and Staff are very excited at the news about our new Sport and Arts Hall. Just as remarkable are the 8 Medals of Honor awarded this half term!
There is plenty to look forward to during the final summer half term: Reading Challenge Cup, House Rounder’s Competition, Sport days, Year 6 Shakespeare production and meeting all our new Y2 pupils and parents during transition.
On behalf of all staff please do have a relaxing Whitsun break. Barney in Y3 has assured me that the weather and surf will improve!!
We are pleased to announce that overall attendance has increased to 96% which is a fantastic result. We would like to thank you for helping keep absence to a minimum.
Heron Tennis Centre Car Park – Safety
Thank you to all parents who use the ‘Park & Stride’ at Heron Tennis Centre Car Park. Due to the uptake of car parking passes, the car park is very busy at hometime.
May we remind you to take extra care when collecting your children at this busy time of the day.
A group of our Year 6 pupils were fortunate enough to visit the Knowledge Spa at Treliske Hospital. The visit included a tour of an operating theatre as well as meeting an Anaesthesiologist, an Operating Theatre Technician and Medical Students – one of whom was previously a student at Tretherras!
Information from the PTA
Our successful Easter Egg Raffle raised £130 for the NJA PTA. Many thanks for the 42 Easter Eggs kindly donated as prizes by The Co-op, Morrisons, ASDA and Sainsburys.
We would welcome any donations of prizes for the Summer Fayre Raffle. If you are able to offer a prize please contact the Academy office.
Vouchers from Sainsburys have now stopped so if you have any spare tokens please could we ask you to drop them in to the Academy Office, as every little helps!
RNLI Beach Safety
Once again we were pleased to welcome the RNLI to give beach safety talks to all our children. This is a great opportunity to reinforce safety awareness in and around the sea, particularly as we enter the holiday season.
Dates for your Diary:
- Monday 25th – Friday 29th May – HALF TERM
- (return to NJA Monday 1st June)
- Monday 22nd June Year 4 Sports Day (AM)
- Monday 22nd June Year 6 Sports Day (PM)
- Tuesday 23rd June Year 3 Sports Day (AM)
- Tuesday 23rd June Year 5 Sports Day (PM)
- Thursday 25th June – NJA Summer Fayre (4.15pm – 5.30pm) From Mrs Howard, Head of Year 6, and StaffWell done to all our Year 6’s who took their SATs last week. The children worked extremely hard and can be proud knowing that they did their very best, they showed dedication, focus and maturity.A big thank you to parents also – attendance for Year 6 throughout this week was outstanding!We are also grateful to the canteen staff for providing our Year 6 pupils with fresh fruit and water each morning to help keep their concentration levels high during this busy time. Medal AchievementsBronze – Paige Carter, Ellie Whitehead, Ella Thwaites, Kian Lewis, April Davidson, Connor McLelland,Katie Jolley, Niamh Harris, Thomas Austin, Ruby Hall, Ryley Brodie, Polly Binks, Damian Dos Santos, Mia Scott, James Ipsas-Swain, Roan Ley, Elizabeth Ipsas-Swain, Charlotte Edmonds, Arlo Burt, Ben Carter, Oshi Baker Megan Cooper, Jenna Vittle, Annie May Gee,
- Medal of Honour – Joshua Golden-Clarke, Kieran Rose, Lily Kaye, Grace Kaye, Ella Harrison, Mia Cunningham, Madelin Blake-Schumann, Noah England-Morcom
- Elliot Baines
- Gold – Sonny Forbes, Evie Damms, Rhianna Yewen,
- Silver – Tegan Penhaligon, Lauren Cooper, Tegan Dacey, Ellie Newberry, Kaiden Shaw, Harriet Hiscox-Dring, Declan Cornish, Chloe Teeder, Ruby Pettit
- Lily Thomas, Kelsie Holmes, Tomas Yelland, Kalin Coryn
- NT have supported Year 4 with our dance for the India showcase that is due to take place next half term. Parents will be invited and further details will follow.
- Our exceptional swimmers will be representing the Academy at the National Swimming Championships in Sheffield next month.
- Congratulations to the NJA Tag Rugby Team on becoming the East Cornwall Champions. We wish them good luck at the South West Finals.
- Outstanding Sporting Achievements
- An amazing £640.00 was raised on Friday 24th April for the British Kidney Patient Association. Thank you.