I am Marci and I am the Parent Support Advisor at Newquay Junior Academy. Parent Support Advisors are here to offer support, guidance and a listening ear to families.
Parenting isn’t an easy job and at times things can get extremely tough and I am here to help with any queries or worries you may have. I can’t promise to have all the answers but my aim is to work with parents, carers and families to find them and support you through this process.
I can help support families in a number of ways. These include:
– Meeting with parents and carers either in school or at home.
– Telephone/text and email support
– Parenting Courses and workshops
– Support in referring on to other/ more appropriate services
– signposting to services and other agencies for support and advice
Some examples of areas that I can help with are:
– Parental/ Family concerns
– School lateness/Attendance
– Transition (moving) through schools
– Emotional wellbeing
– Parent confidence building
– Child/ Parent relationship breakdown
Please feel free to contact me at any time. I am available in school every day during term time.
Mrs Marci Mackay
Parent Support Advisor